Only the Innocent by Rachel Abbott


I read an article in a newspaper a couple of weeks ago referring to this book so I thought I would download it and give it a go. The article was critical of the standard of editing in the book and to some extent this is justified. However for only £1.99 I think I am prepared to put up with a few typos, wrongly placed commas and the odd spelling mistake if the story is good. And "Only the Innocent" is a good story. It's a murder whodunit with a plausible plot and some interesting twists and turns on the way. The characters are quite well developed and I became sympathetic to the central female character early on. The Detective is interesting and I'm sure we will meet him again in a future novel. Although some of the content is on the dark side, the novel overall is very easy to read and the pages almost turn themselves because you want to know how it will all be resolved in the end.